Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My First Entry


WE IS.


That's why I want your digital photos.

Behind the veil of a buning bush, Moses asked "and by what name shall I call you?"

His eyes saw the bush; burning but not consumed.

His ears heard the words- I AM. "I am" is decent english grammar. But in the context of a post-exodus Hebraic/Egyptian tongue - it can be best translated, "We is (that we were and will be)."

Yes, GOD announces Himself, WE IS. Even though it breaks the conventions of proper linguistics, GOD replies by describing HIS true state of being.

God, in the plural. Plurality in Unity (caps are mine- out of respect for the Creator not for the gods of grammar).

What do we do with this? Do we turn away in confusion and wonder? Do we shrug off the cute little story about Moses- as nothing more than legend/myth? Do we seek to fully embrace the mystery of the Trinity and walk in faith?

I choose the latter. I choose the mystery. I walk by faith and now seek to find how the the ME is able to embrace the WE. Yes, I include myself in the WE because, as the Israelites still say, "God is Holy, therefore, be Holy."

I attempt to do this by: making myself a servant, living like a slave to the love of GOD, practicing the search for the mystery of WE IS.

I look for the WE IS by simply seeing the world the way it is and the way GOD sees it. By the way I really think God needs Bucky and Ace kicked off American Idol. Elliot rocks!

I have also recently purchased a new monster-camera. I'm enjoying expressing my faith as a kind of visual Haiku. Faith and a novice approach to digital photography is what leads me here. I BLOG, therefore, WE IS.

Please. If you post a reply- INCLUDE A PHOTO- ONE THAT SPEAKS OF THE CREATOR.

4 comments:

Kim G. said...

Great job on your blog honey!
Love you!
K

Jennifer S. said...

Welcome to blogland. I can't wait to read more...

Jennifer S. said...

http://sunpainting.blogspot.com/ - my photoblog

TJ said...

So happy you stopped by...for a michigan lesson.
I felt a bit foolish...I should have read more of the others and put more time into it but IT IS WHAT IT IS>>>right?
I keep a photo blog.
A big assotment of photos..I am into renders with a few photo programs.
You can check it out at
Http://tjexpressions.blogspot.com/
Hope to see more of you and WELCOME. We can all learn together.
Oh hey in my side bar there is a link box for Round Robin's . It is a photo challenge. Check it out , you want want to summit some yourself.
Check out "Steven's Sometimes a Photoblog" too! Excellent.
Byeeeeee TJ