Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nature - Round Robin Photo Challenge

EMERALD FOREST - Round Robin Photo Challenge.

I should have had the tripod.

As green as the dense, early spring, Oregon forest was in March- the crystalline stream seemed a perfect pairing.

I wished I had remembered my tripod. After my hike down the ravine, I huffed and couldn't catch my breath in the dense forest air. The camera shook and my hands wouldn't relax.

Have you ever had a day like that? Have you ever felt like your humanity was fragile and you knew your finite time on earth was like a breath in the cold air at night. Have you ever felt alone and wanted to know that your life had some meaning other than just the 9-5 fight through to the weekend?

Maybe you need a tripod. Or maybe you are like me. You have a tripod, you just forget to pack it around with you...

4 comments:

Carly said...

Hi Brad :)

I am very impressed with this entry, and to answer your questions, YES. I have felt that way, and yes, there is nothing like a good tripod, or anything that keeps the focus in check.

Always, carly

Suzanne R said...

There is nothing like an Oregon scene, especially this one you have captured. I can't say I've felt the way you describe, although sometimes looking at the night sky makes me feel very tiny in the scheme of things. Nice job!

Kim G. said...

You did such a great job with this shot. I love how the water blurs into white and the light hits the green on the bank.

You are very talented and cute as well. Thanks for buying this nifty camera to share with your wifey!
XO

kmm said...

I love this photo. Water always facinates me. Love the movement. Cheers Kerrin