Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Grading Practices

I would like to thank the anonymous contributor of this piece of homework.

The students were asked to draw a picture of their favorite person and say something nice about them.

Art Imitates Life...

I hope not.

Message to the Teacher: Homework should be supplemental, and support/extend the learning from classwork. Timely, accurate and specific feedback should be provided...

Message to Mommy: Perhaps, mommy should have checked the homework before little Debbie turned it in. Maybe mommy was busy? Does mommy report all earned income?

6 comments:

Kevin said...

BG,
Just to show you how truly innocent I am (yeah, right!) it took me about 15-20 seconds and a third glance at the picture to realize what it was depicting. I laughed out loud, with a little snort. All I can say is 'WOW!'.

Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

Jennifer said...

Okay...I couldn't figure the picture out until I read Kevin's comment, I went back to it, squinted and then thought, Holy Cow!
Thanks for making me laugh today!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I thought at first glance it was a shovel or a broom. But after reading Kevin's and Jennifer's comments....let's just say I had an "ah-ha" moment.

Michele P.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I thought at first glance it was a shovel or a broom. But after reading Kevin's and Jennifer's comments....let's just say I had an "ah-ha" moment. :)

Michele P.

ROD said...

Hi Brad
I finally got through the book you recommended, The River of Doubt, and put a review on my blog. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Mauckster said...

JT is getting to be quite the artist....